Using the Forum (or another system) for Proverbs?

Hey! :slightly_smiling_face: Well… what does the alternative imply? Only asking that because you left off the translation of the alternative and to me there’s a complete literal translation difference which also gives a different perspective to the meaning.

Comparing the perspective of a standing child to a seated old man vs. comparing the perspective of a standing young man to a seated old man leaves two different kinds of perceptions in my mind. And I most certainly would be more apt to use the ‘kamalen’ alternative if I were speaking to like a 17-19 or 20+ year old male (young man age range).

If I had posted “Cɛkɔrɔba sigilen ɲɛ bɛ fɛn min na, den jɔlen ɲɛ t’a la” Then yeah, I would understand it better as an alternative. But I think that the word usage of “kamalen” holds more weight in the perspective scope of wisdom.

Again, just noting that I’d use “Cɛkɔrɔba sigilen ɲɛ bɛ fɛn min na, kamalen jɔlen ɲɛ t’a la” over the first alternative that you shared because of the den/kamalen difference comparing their perspective to that of a seated old man. Whereas if it were about a ‘seated man’ or ‘father’ then, to me, they both could be used alternatively leaving off the need for another translation.

Did I stretch all of that too far? :grimacing:

At any rate, I know you’re just trying things out right now to figure out how best to leave and allow things. :slightly_smiling_face: