Adding traditional Manding music related words

I ni ce, Boka! Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your ideas!

• I’ve gone ahead and made some edits in the dictionary to make sure that searches for “music” and “musician” would return some hits.

• I also added in the English spellings that you mentioned into the English side of the dictionary. Now if someone searches in English for “ngoni”, “djembe” or “kora”, they should get appropriate results! In case some people search in Manding (without knowing how to spell in the language), I’ve added some fallback posts into the Forum. (Since very soon the dictionary and the Forum will be connected via search! The developer version that I’m focused on already works great and I can’t wait to share it!)

• With that in mind, in the future if you have suggestions for a word or a few of them, think about doing a single post per word and adding them to “Manding missing” or “English missing”. Because, if you do a post with the title “musician” for instance, any searches in the dictionary will also find the topic in this forum!

Have a look in the dictionary and let me know what you think!

(And, cool idea for the YouTube video on music terms! I’m not an expert or a musician at all, but definitely would be fun to learn more and help others! I’ll split off your idea into its own topic in the Forum section for video suggests from patrons :slight_smile: )

2 Likes